Ger Hoyne, Geraldine Kelly, Jerry Lynch, Áine Derrane, Martin O’Brien, Trevor Hansbury – these are the singers on this unique album Hearing Voices. This album was recorded in a cottage near Lahinch , County Clare. All of the singers were accompanied by Quentin Cooper and Ivor Ottley. There are also instrumental tracks which are off the cuff class.
All of the singers were asked to sing songs they’d love to record and it is an eclectic mix of words and music.
“A collection of singers and their songs heard from around the music sessions , gigs and gatherings of County Clare”
- Schooldays Over – Ger Hoyne
- If I Were a Blackbird – Geraldine Kelly
- Shenandoah – Jerry Lynch
- Seventy-five Decembers – Áine Derrane
- John Naughton’s Jig, Paddy Canny’s flute jig – Martin O’Brien
- The Cocky Farmer – Trevor Hansbury
- Springhill Mine Disaster – Ger Hoyne
- Barndance, The Ballytore Fancy – Quentin Cooper
- Will Ye Go Lassie Go – Geraldine Kelly
- Louis Collins – Trevor Hansbury
- The Falls – Quentin Cooper and Ivor Ottley